Your schedule from Candidates’ Day outlines any prerequisite courses that are pending. If you have questions about prerequisite courses, please reach out to email@example.com. Please view the Prerequisite policy for more information.
- For students who are entering the program with a completed bachelor’s degree, all math and science prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the spring semester before entry into the program (no later than May 31, 2017).
- For students who are entering the program without a completed bachelor’s degree, all math and science prerequisite courses and general education courses should be completed by the end of the spring semester before entry into the program. At the latest, all general education prerequisites must be complete by August 1 before the PY2 year. No more than 2 general education prerequisite courses may be unfulfilled at the start of PY1 year.
- No prerequisite courses may be taken in the second summer session before PY1 year.
- Non-degreed students who do not complete all general education prerequisite courses by August 1 before the PY2 year will not be allowed to continue in the PharmD program until all prerequisite courses are complete.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a C- or better.
- Please note: if you have pending general education prerequisites and plan to complete them at UNC after starting the PharmD program, those courses will show up on your PharmD transcript and the letter grade will be factored into your PharmD GPA.
If you have pending prerequisite courses, you must submit a prerequisite plan in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of acceptance. Failure to complete your prerequisite plan could result in your admissions offer being rescinded. The plan should provide information regarding the institution where you will take the remaining prerequisite(s), the class course number, and which semester the coursework will be completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we drop courses now that we have been accepted into the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy?
Yes, as long as they are not prerequisite courses.
My transcript evaluation from my interview says that I still need to complete general education prerequisites. Can these courses be completed while enrolled in the PharmD program?
The PY1 fall and spring semester are intense, and you will not be able to add on additional coursework. Please plan to complete all prerequisite courses either during Maymester or Summer Session 1 before orientation, or during Maymester or Summer Session 1 following PY1 year.